Our Education Principles
Our programs are based on the fact that the most important years of a child’s brain development and learning patterns occur from infancy to age five. Our curriculum is designed specifically to take advantage of the windows of opportunity in these years to give your child the best opportunity to develop a lifelong love of learning.
Early Years Learning Framework
Our curriculum is based on the principles of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), and the concept of ‘emergent curriculum’. On this basis, we have designed the Day One curriculum with a focus on the 5 key learning outcomes:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of well-being
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators.
The 5 Learning Outcomes are designed to capture the integrated and complex learning and development of all children across the early childhood age group range.
Children are the key decision makers at Day One, with educators, parents and the learning environment their partners in education.