At Day One, our teaching style and learning programs are tailored to suit every child’s stage of development. With a focus on cultivating a lifelong love of learning, we aim to promote positive learning outcomes for all children to support their unique potential.
We have specific learning outcomes for nursery, toddler and kindergarten age children provided by experienced and qualified early childhood teachers and educators. We comply with the curriculum requirements of the Australian Early Years Learning Framework, the Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines, and are informed by internationally recognised best practice, including the Reggio Emilia approach.
Find out more about our Day One Early Childhood Education Principles.
We have developed a number of bespoke Day One programs to prepare children for the coming challenges of life beyond Day One. Our programs are incorporated into your child’s daily routine at Day One and is guided by their own interests.
We have seven bespoke programs:
- DO Social – our program that focuses on building emotional intelligence and resilience, as well as cultural awareness
- DO Health – our physical development program encouraging a love of physical activity and teamwork
- DO Language – our language and literacy program, incorporating foreign language where appropriate to the community
- DO Knowledge – our program for early maths and science concepts
- DO Creative – our art, music and movement programs
- DO Planet – our program to promote a curiosity and love for the natural environment
- DO Kindy – our kindergarten program to support your child transition successfully to the school environment
Love of Learning
We recognise the most important role that you play in your child’s early development and learning style. From day one, we will spend time with you to understand your child’s usual routine, approach to learning and social development.
Our wonderful educators are engaged in an ongoing process of:
- Understanding your child’s strengths and interests through observing and interacting with them, and your family
- Creating inspiring teaching experiences to develop your child’s skills and knowledge to their full potential
- Evaluating the learning outcomes for your child to inform further planning and keep you updated on changes and progress
Above and Beyond
Today’s children are living with a range of computing devices that they use every day. Research shows that intentional and developmentally-appropriate use of technology can support and enhance learning and development.
At Day One, we have carefully integrated technology into the learning experiences. Developmentally-appropriate use of technology for short periods of time can support children’s learning and development, as part of the multi-faceted learning experience at Day One.