Start the new year in a beautiful new space at Day One Early Learning Centres – Victoria Point Campus!
Doors open Monday 23rd March.
We’re very excited to be opening our newest campus just across the road from Victoria Point State School at 3 School Road, Victoria Point. Day One Victoria Point is a boutique style Centre catering specifically for children aged 15 months to 5 years, plus before and after school care.
Welcome to your beautiful new Centre! The official entrance to the Centre is from 3 School Road, via our off-street parking, through the garden entrance to our foyer. Your Centre Manager will be here to welcome you and introduce you to our wonderful team and beautiful learning environments.
Here you will also find the kitchen where you will see and smell our delicious meals delivered daily. What’s on the menu for today? A quick glance at our noticeboard will tell you exactly what your child will be enjoying. We provide three meals daily – morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Day One Victoria Point will be receiving a Day One extreme makeover! Bright, airy and homely – we wanted to make the centre a “home away from home”. Our garden is gorgeous and we plan to spend a lot of time outdoors in the shade, allowing for seamless indoor and outdoor learning experiences.
Early Learners (15 months – 2.5 year olds)
Turn right off the outdoor entrance and you are in the environment of the Early Learners! A large room for 10 busy toddlers, this room is managed by 2 experienced Educators to facilitate group and individual learning experiences as part of the Day One curriculum.
This is also a fun and positive space to support children in the process of toilet training if required.
Pre-Kindy (2.5-3.5 year olds)
This room brings all things natural, indoors! Our dedicated Pre-Kinder Program is implemented throughout every day that your child attends Day One. Designed to address key aspects of your child’s development such as early literacy and early numeracy, our proven program will ensure that your child possesses the necessary skills to make a successful transition to Kindergarten.
Pre-Kindy hosts 16 of our most enthusiastic learners and 2 experienced Educators will facilitate an interactive, positive learning environment to encourage your child to become a confident individual.
Kindy (3.5-5 year olds)
Designed to inspire your Preschooler to explore our big, wonderful world, a particular focus of this room is to prepare our senior Preschoolers to start Primary School. Key goals are to ensure that each child successfully starts school with confidence – our role is to develop the foundations for lifelong learning by helping to encourage skills and abilities which assist in effective learning. In addition we will provide a transitional learning environment to help familiarise your child with typical school routines, tasks and expectations.
Kindy accommodates 24 inquisitive learners and 2 experienced Educators, including a qualified Kindergarten teacher, will facilitate an innovative learning environment with both large and small group activities.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about Day One – Victoria Point Campus! We’ve had a wonderful response from the local community and are very excited to be welcoming so many of you to the Day One family! To secure your place please complete our quick, online Enrolment Enquiry form or email email@example.com to make sure you don’t miss out!
Below we’ve included a shortlist of our most frequently asked questions, if we don’t answer your particular question please don’t hesitate to give our Enrolments Team an email firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to speaking with you!
Frequently asked questions about Day One Victoria Point:
1. What are your room sizes and how many Educators in each room?
At Victoria Point there are three amazing learning rooms, beautiful outdoor play areas and a strong focus on Art and Music and the Environment!
• Early Learners: one room with 10 children – 2 experienced Educators
• Pre-Kindy: one room with 16 children – 2 experienced Educators
• Kindy: one room with 24 children – 2 experienced Educators, including 1 Kindergarten teacher
We also have an off-the-floor Centre Manager and Educational Leader who will mentor and guide the other Educators. Additionally, Support Teachers will assist the Educators during times of high demand.
2. What do you provide?
• Full Long Day and Preschool services with a proven Kindergarten program
• All meals designed by a Nutritionist and delivered fresh daily
• All nappies and wipes provided and assistance with toilet training
• High level security and surveillance
• Parent’s access to children portfolios and progress reports
• Natural playgrounds and equipment including productive garden, cubby houses and more!
3. What are your opening hours?
6.15am – 6.15pm, Monday to Friday. We are open 52 weeks per year, excluding public holidays.
We provide before and after school care and holiday care for school aged children.
4. What meals are provided for my child?
Our menu has been designed by a Nutritionist and is delivered daily! Our 4 week rotating menu ensures a healthy and innovative diet.
5. Tell me more about your Curriculum and Kindergarten Programs!
Click here to find out more about our Curriculum. We have developed a number of supporting programs to prepare children for the coming challenges of school life. Our aim is to provide your child with an advanced standing in all areas of their development including numeracy and literacy, as well as social skills.
6. I’m ready to take the next step – how can I enrol my child?
Our new location is already in high demand from local families! Here is a simple step-by-step guide to our enrolment process:
- Make an Enrolment Enquiry using our secure enrolment system here
- Select your preferred Centre location – we are currently taking enquiries for Victoria Point, Dakabin and Mission Beach
- Complete some basic information about yourself and your child
- Nominate your start date
- Select your preferred days for care – please note that Day One has a minimum two day enrolment requirement
- Submit your Enrolment Enquiry form – after this you will receive an email confirmation to let you know we have received your details!
- We’ll make you an offer – if your requested enrolment is available we will make you an offer via email or phone. This email will give you the option to ‘Accept’ the place for your child as offered or ‘Decline and Change’ if you would like to change any details, for example, the number of days your child will attend
- Once you ‘Accept’ the offer you will be asked to confirm your child’s place with a confirmed start date
- Done! We will send you email confirmation of your enrolment and give you access to all of the enrolment documentation that we need completed prior to your child’s first day at Day One
Got a question?
At the heart of everything Day One Early Learning Centres does is a belief that all children deserve an early learning experience that is engaging, enriching and nurturing. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!